Dawn's 56g memorial seahorse tank!

MamaLovesHerReefTank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well folks, I have some very sad news. Today Ruth passed. Its been a very long process but I feel I did everything I possibly could for her. It is never easy to lose a pony, especially a favorite.
So sorry to hear this. I've been following quietly in the background and was rooting for her. :(

I'm a natural blue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well folks, I have some very sad news. Today Ruth passed. Its been a very long process but I feel I did everything I possibly could for her. It is never easy to lose a pony, especially a favorite.
RIP Ruth! I'm so sorry for your loss. I will say it again, you are a great horse mom. I think we can attest to you doing everything possible. On a lighter note, have a great trip!

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So sorry to hear this. I've been following quietly in the background and was rooting for her. :(
Thanks, I know she had folks who cared and I appreciate you being one of them.

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
RIP Ruth! I'm so sorry for your loss. I will say it again, you are a great horse mom. I think we can attest to you doing everything possible. On a lighter note, have a great trip!
I really thought she might beat it and I kept hoping. Losing seahorses is the hardest part of keeping them.

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So sorry to hear that. Seahorses are very special and each one is unique.
They are special and I have loved all my ponies. Ruth had such spunk and perkiness. She will be missed but I am thankful for Eve and Samson and Delilah.

Annette Garcia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
e0285cf4cb080dbe0fbb5cf6a194bf56.jpg

Did it look something like this?

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At what temperature do you keep your tank at
I keep my display tank at 70-72 degrees, although the HT was 68 ish. Ruth's eroded skin was like that but larger. She was a black and white pinto and the eroded spot was in the white area so I did not catch it right away.

Annette Garcia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep my display tank at 70-72 degrees, although the HT was 68 ish. Ruth's eroded skin was like that but larger. She was a black and white pinto and the eroded spot was in the white area so I did not catch it right away.

That's a picture of my female and I had gone out of town for 4 days and when I got back she had that. The good thing is I have a friend that's a marine biologist and I asked him what I should do he said to low my temperature to 69-70 and to feed mysis shrimp soaked in kanamycin and bond with focus. He said to keep her in the DT and feed everyone the same thing. He said to keep giving it till all the medicine was gone which took about a month and a half and she has been doing great. This was about 6 months ago.

want2bsleepy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a picture of my female and I had gone out of town for 4 days and when I got back she had that. The good thing is I have a friend that's a marine biologist and I asked him what I should do he said to low my temperature to 69-70 and to feed mysis shrimp soaked in kanamycin and bond with focus. He said to keep her in the DT and feed everyone the same thing. He said to keep giving it till all the medicine was gone which took about a month and a half and she has been doing great. This was about 6 months ago.
can we all make friends with your marine biologist friend???

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the info. I had treated Ruth with furan 2 and then triple sulfa. After 2 months she quit eating so I just put her in clean salt water everyday and gave her amphipods every other day for stimulation in addition to her frozen mysis. She finally succumbed coming on 3 months.

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is just amazing! Makes me want to start a pony tank, I'm going to have to do some reading on them first but I love the macro algae in the display
Thanks Titanwerx! I am flattered that you were inspired. Watch out...ponies are addicting.

Annette Garcia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the info. I had treated Ruth with furan 2 and then triple sulfa. After 2 months she quit eating so I just put her in clean salt water everyday and gave her amphipods every other day for stimulation in addition to her frozen mysis. She finally succumbed coming on 3 months.

I'm so sorry to hear that she died I wish I had see your post while she was still alive.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.7%
Back