Dawn's 56g memorial seahorse tank!

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not quite sure what you mean @Humblefish . Could you give me the version for dummies? I am definitely tech challenged.

For example, if I try to use this Image URL (http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/y478/Humblefish123/100_1706_zps7edcb69b.jpg) on here I get this:

bwe.jpg

But if I just add ~original to the end of the URL (http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/y478/Humblefish123/100_1706_zps7edcb69b.jpg~original) then VOILA:

100_1706_zps7edcb69b.jpg~original

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^^ I'm not entirely sure how long that hack will work, so I would DL all your photos off photobucket while you still can.

I'm a natural blue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@vlangel I've tried to read back in this thread on what color and paint you used to paint the bottom of you tank and couldn't locate the info. Can you share that with me? Also, I had not forgotten to PM my address to you. If it's still available when I'm ready I'll ask. I went ahead and bought a used 60g 24x24x24 rimless set up yesterday! I have to clean her up and do some modifications so it will be a minute. I'm so excited....sqee!!!!!!

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@vlangel I've tried to read back in this thread on what color and paint you used to paint the bottom of you tank and couldn't locate the info. Can you share that with me? Also, I had not forgotten to PM my address to you. If it's still available when I'm ready I'll ask. I went ahead and bought a used 60g 24x24x24 rimless set up yesterday! I have to clean her up and do some modifications so it will be a minute. I'm so excited....sqee!!!!!!
O wow, I am excited for you about your 60 cube. I would have loved that for seahorses to but my space better accommodated the column tank.

I used a Valspar signature sandstone paint for the bottom. It is actually a wall paint and its the same paint as I used on the wall behind the tank. Its crazy how the yellow paint looks like a white sand under my T5s. I think the color is called yellow sand.

I am sure I will have lots of that red macro when you are ready.

I'm a natural blue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
O wow, I am excited for you about your 60 cube. I would have loved that for seahorses to but my space better accommodated the column tank.

I used a Valspar signature sandstone paint for the bottom. It is actually a wall paint and its the same paint as I used on the wall behind the tank. Its crazy how the yellow paint looks like a white sand under my T5s. I think the color is called yellow sand.

I am sure I will have lots of that red macro when you are ready.
Thank you, Dawn! I am super excited. The tank has some bumps and bruises but with a bit of tlc it should be great! The price was right which is what prompted me to buy. I am going to create a build thread. I hope you will chime in with your experience! Thank you for keeping me in mind for the macro <3.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hhm, how do you get a cursor at the end of the URL? Every time I touch the screen for a cursor my tablet wants to copy the link.

On my keyboard, the squiggly is just below the escape or Esc key. ~

But I know on other keyboards it is on the same key as the back quote.

HTH

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On my keyboard, the squiggly is just below the escape or Esc key. ~

But I know on other keyboards it is on the same key as the back quote.

HTH
My squiggly is on my 2nd page of symbols but that is not the problem. The problem is adding it. My tablet wont let me add anything. As soon as I touch the end of the link the tablet wants to go into 'copy' mode.

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Poor Sammy, he wants to pair bond with Delilah but she seems oblivious. She likes Sammy but just doesn't get it. Eve is not his first choice but Eve is available and willing. I think Sammy is conflicted. Such is the life of a male seahorse!

I'm a natural blue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Poor Sammy, he wants to pair bond with Delilah but she seems oblivious. She likes Sammy but just doesn't get it. Eve is not his first choice but Eve is available and willing. I think Sammy is conflicted. Such is the life of a male seahorse!
Ha ha ha....oh the choices! So many to choose from he just can't commit.

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My squiggly is on my 2nd page of symbols but that is not the problem. The problem is adding it. My tablet wont let me add anything. As soon as I touch the end of the link the tablet wants to go into 'copy' mode.
You'll have to click the "edit" button on your post first, and then if you still have the same issue on the tablet you can use the bb code editor to expose the image link. Once into the post edit click the button on the top right that looks like a page with a wrench over it.

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You'll have to click the "edit" button on your post first, and then if you still have the same issue on the tablet you can use the bb code editor to expose the image link. Once into the post edit click the button on the top right that looks like a page with a wrench over it.
I will give that a try as soon as our internet comes back.

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This morning I spent close to 3 hours doing sump maintenance. I like to suck out the compartments a few Xs a year and remove debris and detritus. My skimmer has been looking pretty grody too with gunk and coraline. So I gave it a vinegar bath. Since I had the bucket of vinegar water I went ahead and did the powerheads too. I also emptied the fuge of macros and rock so I could vacume the top of the sand. While I was doing that I noticed that my ro/di unit needed attention. The resin cartridges were black so I changed them both. I also did a WC and replaced the carbon. When I finished, the foam in my skimmer was awesome.

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@vlangel Isn't that just the best feeling? Cleaning everything up and seeing it all sparkle!
It really is a great feeling but I always worry immediately after that I may have stirred up a bed of nasties. The DT was a little cloudy when I finished. The ponies all looked good tonight and so did the tank so its probably ok.

rayjay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where did the "squiggly" name come from? Modernized lingo?
I've always know it as a Tilde (since the mid 50's at least) and it is often the upper case on the button left of the "1" button above the qwerty for North American keyboards, not the number pad.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 17.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 53 53.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.0%
Back