vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dawn,

Here it is the red titan! It looks fabulous! I love it!!!
received_10156884358885550.jpeg

received_10156884343535550.jpeg
Your tank looks great even without the red titan. It does give a nice splash of color. I am happy you like it.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
looking great, Dawn!

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is beautiful, I like the bare bottom.
Thank you for the kind words. I like the open airy feel to the tank and definitely the ability to keep detritus syphoned. Even though I painted the underside to simulate a sand bottom it's a bit sterile looking. It was a concession I was willing to make to keep healthy seahorses.

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The hectic schedule and lack of routine can be hard on sticking with maintenancing our tanks. With seahorses however, this can be deadly so I have definitely kept up with WCs and keeping detritus from building up. What I let go was cleaning the glass and scraping and scrubbing the bb. All the seahorses, coral and macros looked great but the tank itself looked awful, at least to me.

Finally this morning I tackled the glass, which required a bit of elbow grease for the floor. Actually it wasn't really as bad as it looked. A mag cleaner did most of the glass except the corners. The floor did need a metal edged scraper but it always does. In 40 minutes the tank looked like new.

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Jaime. I always want to make the meetings but things keep coming up.

The last two meetings were very well received. You will have to see the pictures from the baby tiger trip. See you this Saturday? ;)

I'm a natural blue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The hectic schedule and lack of routine can be hard on sticking with maintenancing our tanks. With seahorses however, this can be deadly so I have definitely kept up with WCs and keeping detritus from building up. What I let go was cleaning the glass and scraping and scrubbing the bb. All the seahorses, coral and macros looked great but the tank itself looked awful, at least to me.

Finally this morning I tackled the glass, which required a bit of elbow grease for the floor. Actually it wasn't really as bad as it looked. A mag cleaner did most of the glass except the corners. The floor did need a metal edged scraper but it always does. In 40 minutes the tank looked like new.
Ugh! I just did the same thing. The bb floor was in serious need of scaping. All done on Monday! Feels great to see it so sparkly clean again! You tanks always looks great!

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The last two meetings were very well received. You will have to see the pictures from the baby tiger trip. See you this Saturday? ;)
I will try. I have some nice macro algae that I could donate for the raffle.

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Ugh! I just did the same thing. The bb floor was in serious need of scaping. All done on Monday! Feels great to see it so sparkly clean again! You tanks always looks great!
I love the fresh clean look when everything including the floor is clean. Scraping the bb floor sure beats vacuming a sandbed regularly and I love knowing that detritus can't hide on the bb floor.

I'm a natural blue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the fresh clean look when everything including the floor is clean. Scraping the bb floor sure beats vacuming a sandbed regularly and I love knowing that detritus can't hide on the bb floor.
Isn't that the truth. I used pegs under my rock. I drilled holes, inserted the pegs as feet and raised all of my rock so nothing can get trapped. I baste it out and vaccumm it up! You can only see the pegs if you bend down and look for them. It's working out great for me!
FB_IMG_1511012631376.jpg

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Isn't that the truth. I used pegs under my rock. I drilled holes, inserted the pegs as feet and raised all of my rock so nothing can get trapped. I baste it out and vaccumm it up! You can only see the pegs if you bend down and look for them. It's working out great for me!
FB_IMG_1511012631376.jpg
What a great idea using those pegs! Do any young seahorses hitch to the pegs and hide under the rock.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 36 52.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.7%
Back