Daytime Onex brings LED versatility to closed aquariums

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reef Builders

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
German lighting brand Daytime LED has released a versatile LED lighting system that is aimed primarily at aquariums with closed hoods. Named Onex, it consists of a waterproof aluminum LED light bar which is available in lengths from 20-200cm/8-78″. They can either replace T5 or T8 fluorescent lighting, fitting neatly into fluorescent lamp holders, or…
Source

Continue reading...

undermind

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I saw that the article said "They can either replace T5 or T8 fluorescent lighting, fitting neatly into fluorescent lamp holders" I thought – did somebody finally make an LED strips that literally plugs into T5 sockets? But nope.

I think it would be so rad for someone to make a strip that literally plugs into T5 sockets and is powered by them. No power cords. Even though the use cases would be diminishing as T5 are decreasing in numbers, I would certainly consider installing T5 sockets if I were doing a canopy, if I knew I could just pop in an LED strip and not have to worry about the power cord. Maybe it's just a dream.

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A possibility but I’m not seeing par numbers unless I missed it. Appears to just be led chips which are usually low wattage, low par, so just a light but not a coral light

Montiman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I saw that the article said "They can either replace T5 or T8 fluorescent lighting, fitting neatly into fluorescent lamp holders" I thought – did somebody finally make an LED strips that literally plugs into T5 sockets? But nope.

I think it would be so rad for someone to make a strip that literally plugs into T5 sockets and is powered by them. No power cords. Even though the use cases would be diminishing as T5 are decreasing in numbers, I would certainly consider installing T5 sockets if I were doing a canopy, if I knew I could just pop in an LED strip and not have to worry about the power cord. Maybe it's just a dream.
You mean like these.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 99 76.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

• I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back