OP
DBarsotti

DBarsotti

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the Mrs was not happy at first but now that she sees I am actually doing water changes now I think she is happy.

thats awesome man, ha. My girlfriend is happy waterchanges are so quick now as compared to was i as doing before i had my RODI. ha

SOOOOOO................

oh man, Last night i think i got some neat-o topdown shots in my frag tank, i cant wait to get home and edit them. I also got some killer ones with my iphone4.:nerd:

Check it.

DD

e675245c.jpg

6961772a.jpg

Last edited:

phi delt reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
d - next time your filters come up for a refresh shoot spectrapure an email and tell them about your water. They have custom di resins and filters for different types of water (well water included) - that should help your filters last longer and give you the best water quality.

OP
OP
DBarsotti

DBarsotti

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
d - next time your filters come up for a refresh shoot spectrapure an email and tell them about your water. They have custom di resins and filters for different types of water (well water included) - that should help your filters last longer and give you the best water quality.

thannks for the heads up. I actually started making the water at my office in town now and since the city water is already somewhat filtered i've been making really good RODI water here. Just out of the RO i'm getting 2-6 TDS and thats not even through the DI.

Pus, making water here at the office means i don't have to pay for it. ha

OP
OP
DBarsotti

DBarsotti

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok ok.. so take it easy on me, i only have iphoto to edit my photos but anyway.

hope you enjoy!

CSC_0240.jpg

CSC_0233.jpg

CSC_0229.jpg

CSC_0236.jpg

CSC_0232.jpg

CSC_0237.jpg

CSC_0243.jpg

CSC_0238.jpg

CSC_0239.jpg

CSC_0246.jpg

OP
OP
DBarsotti

DBarsotti

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh also. today i added a Mag12 to my 120 and man, that thing moves some water. Definitely pleased with it.

Reefer831

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice shots Dom....looks like the tank is running strong...hit me up I have a some frags for you to come pick up...

OP
OP
DBarsotti

DBarsotti

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice looking shots D!

thanks man! I was pretty happy with the way these photos came out.

Nice shots Dom....looks like the tank is running strong...hit me up I have a some frags for you to come pick up...

g\yeah man, i'm down, give me a call this weekend if you've got some free time, i'd say today but thursday is drinking hecka beer and playing guitar up in the woods night. ha

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ha I pretty much tried to murder my colony, dang pink lemonade is growing so fast it started shading neat things below. So it needed a heavy trim
that's quite a problem. ;)

I plan on picking up a few more Pink Lemonade and ORA Red Planet to scatter around the tank locally. I figure I better stick with proven and 2nd/3rd/4th gen frags/mini colonies. :)

OP
OP
DBarsotti

DBarsotti

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that's quite a problem. ;)

I plan on picking up a few more Pink Lemonade and ORA Red Planet to scatter around the tank locally. I figure I better stick with proven and 2nd/3rd/4th gen frags/mini colonies. :)

good plan1smile1 nothing like 3rd+ generation frags:beauty:

DML08

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome Tanky for sure.. I got to visit D for while today, to bad I couldn't stay longer.. Well done D1...

OP
OP
DBarsotti

DBarsotti

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sooooooo i haven't updated my thread for a while now, been real busy with all kinds of neat things..

anyway, while home for lunch yesterday i started messing around with injecting air into my return with an air pump.. I originally tried this out on my old 40g some years back after reading joseph weathersons totm article on RC.. I ended up having to stop this because i needed the outlet on my Aqua controller of something else and didn't really get to see if this had a positive effect on my reef..

According to mr. weatherson, by injecting air in the display, he believes it helps remove waste from the water column and get to the surface, which in turn is then removed by the skimmer.. It also makes the sps slime which apparently helps them release waste? i also think it will really increase the oxygen levels in the tank.
I don't know how true all this is but it sounds good and im very interested in seeing how my system reacts to this.... A local reef friend here has a similar event happen to his reef every time his surge tank empties into his display and he has by far one of the most crazy SPS tanks i've ever seen

anyway
iPhone pictures from yesterdays test run.
d0bc5881.jpg

4c55c9b4.jpg

13c37359.jpg

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

• I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Other.

Back