DBarsotti's Tank On A Hill

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting indeed. I wonder if say a Koralia set up high so it sucks air in to the tank via a vortex would do the same thing. Have it on a timer that only runs when the lights are out.

I am also interested in how much salt creep you will see and what effects it will have on the amount of evap you have daily.

Maximus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hmm, interesting concept Dom. I actually love seeing air bubbles in my tank. It makes my tank look like 7-UP! I may try this someday.

DML08

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been doing this on my tank for the past 2 years.. works great IMO..
for giggles here is a Video of Joe's tank with Air Injection.
[video=youtube;ZvdXWPRKIIw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvdXWPRKIIw[/video]
and his TOTM to show his air injection set up..
Tank of the Month - April 2008 - Reefkeeping.com

Last edited:

Reefer831

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK I think I might like this idea..how do I do it. are we all doing baymac? me and josh are rolling up...

OP
OP
DBarsotti

DBarsotti

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
whoa!

haha i haven't been in my thread in a few weeks.

SOOOOOO.. Here's an update..

42cbd610.jpg

318bde21.jpg

d5b1c18e.jpg

8ed21f5c.jpg

4c48e3a6.jpg

b3e5541a.jpg

cf0f72fb.jpg

77c96b3f.jpg

bye bye 120g...

Hello "Lagoon On A Hill" 48x36x12

(sorry for the crappy iphone pictures i'll try to get some better ones with my camera)

f8230abe.jpg

97d35713.jpg

a0b04185.jpg

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
love the new tank D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i will never have a tank taller than 18" ever again i love shallow reefs, better lighting, better flow, better view just all around better man i love it!!!!!! as for the bubbles it's a interesting idea but i have heard in the past it's bad for fish and messes with there gills i don't know if there is truth to it or not????? has that ever crossed your mind or have you heard of this your self?????

OP
OP
DBarsotti

DBarsotti

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
love the new tank D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i will never have a tank taller than 18" ever again i love shallow reefs, better lighting, better flow, better view just all around better man i love it!!!!!! as for the bubbles it's a interesting idea but i have heard in the past it's bad for fish and messes with there gills i don't know if there is truth to it or not????? has that ever crossed your mind or have you heard of this your self?????

Thanks man, i'm really stoked on the new tank, i took a BUNCH of pictures last night with the nikon i plan on editing them tonight.

I have heard of this, But i think that the bubbles would only be a problem if they were constantly running. With them only coming on for 1 min they soup up the water and are gone really quickly, the fish don't seem to mind from my observations. I would have to assume that fish on the reefs in shallow areas are exposed to these conditions on a daily basis and not just for a short period but with every crashing wave. I would bet they do appreciate the large increase in oxygen in the water tho? ha i'll have to chat with them tonight and see what they think about the whole deal

very nice

thanks!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 30.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back