DC Pumps: Ecotech vs. Royal Exclusiv vs. Abyzz

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my mind it is a fair comparison (maybe) between the Sicce and the Vectras. Then a comparison between abyzz and royal exclusiv (on price alone).

The SDC 9.0 boasts impressive gph at high head heights, but I can't find much about them yet. I wonder if it truly produces around 1800 gph at around 10 feet of head loss?

Is the discussion here on R2R? I appreciate it!

I added the link in my previous post and the comparison between the SDC and the Vectra are in there as well. I'm not sure on the head loss but I sincerely doubt at 10 Ft it does, a good question to ask in that thread though.

richiero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The subject should be Abyzz vs Royal Exclusiv
No disrespect to EcoTech but Royal Exclusiv and Abyzz pumps in my opinion are on a hole different level the the Vectra's and I own the M1 and the L1.. If I had to chose one of them, i would grab an Abyzz 100 since i have seen one in action! Let me tell you on thing they are build like a Sherman tank and run smooth as ice!
They actually start at 1300 for the A100

gcarroll

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I don't put the Royal Exclusive pumps and Abyzz pumps on the same level. The have similar features but there are some differences. You have to see both side by side to see the difference. The design and attention to detail is where I see the difference. Not saying that I would not be proud to have either on my tank. Just saying I feel that they are not on the same level.

Last edited:

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have to see both side by side to see the difference. The design and attention to detail is where I see the difference.
???

gcarroll

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome, so between the two, in your opinion which is the one that has the better attention to detail and design?
100% Abyzz! I have a lot of club members with both pumps. Almost all fell in love with and wanted the Abyzz but settled for the Royal Exclusiv.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just hoping you would explain further of the details and differences

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with Gregg about the abyzz, it looks and performs like no other in the industry. But hard to justify my return pump costing more than my tank and sump combined! The abyzz pumps are so solid and beautifully engineered, really don't even look like they belong on a fish tank!

Any ideas for another pump, ac or dc that's internal, that will flow 1k plus at 12 feet head height? One that I'm not scared will give up on me any day?

gcarroll

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just hoping you would explain further of the details and differences
OK, I think I understand. I am in no way taqlking performance differences. Just fit and finish.

Look at the two pumps. What differences do you see?
Header_1.jpg
rd3-speedy-royal-exclusiv-pump-1.jpg

richiero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s not 16’ but I have a 2 unions , a FMM, check valve , 4’ 3/4 inch pipe , 1 90 elbow and one 45 ...

gcarroll

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any ideas for another pump, ac or dc that's internal, that will flow 1k plus at 12 feet head height? One that I'm not scared will give up on me any day?
Mag 36. As for AC, this is the only I can think of. You would have to throttle it down though. It also isn't quite silent. Ok, not silent by any means. The Mag 24 only does 800g at that head.
https://premiumaquatics.com/product...MIzrKCpozH2gIVh_5kCh3wdwKTEAkYBiABEgLlEPD_BwE

Frankly besides Abyzz and RD3, that may be your only option. I just can't think of another option at the moment.

Last edited:

richiero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with Gregg about the abyzz, it looks and performs like no other in the industry. But hard to justify my return pump costing more than my tank and sump combined! The abyzz pumps are so solid and beautifully engineered, really don't even look like they belong on a fish tank!

My Tank alone was 1600 dollars should that make me feel better if I decide to buy one lol :)

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back