Dead anemone

BobaF99

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 18, 2017
Messages
32
Reaction score
33
Location
Chapel Hill, NC
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sebae arrived a day early, and was delayed in getting acclimated. I don't think it's good....

20250729_162715.jpg 20250729_162702.jpg
 
Sebae arrived a day early, and was delayed in getting acclimated. I don't think it's good....

20250729_162715.jpg 20250729_162702.jpg
Yeah, looks pretty bad. If it doesn’t recover dramatically in an hour’s time, it should probably be removed.
 
Why does anyone choose to get anything in this hobby?? I mean…
The reason I ask was that they have a troubled track record in aquaculture. I can’t recall many reefers keeping them long term. Peppermint anemone are much hardier. Then the flashy colorful ones too. An anemone tank is a labor of love. They wander around, sting corals, and hide in unseen locations. Good luck
 
Is that the stomach extruded, with a (healthy looking) green skirt?
 
Is that the stomach extruded, with a (healthy looking) green skirt?
Yes, that’s what I was thinking also. The green “skirt” is normally the entire top, so this would have been a sebae with green tentacles.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new