Dead Corals?

Twaves18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my tank is fairly new and I have been struggling with ammonia spikes, already killed my smallest fish. Im now worried that these coral are completely dead and they too are increasing the ammonia levels. Can anyone verify? The one i think looks the worst is the Dragon Soul Favia and the other is a Kryptonite Candy Cane. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

IMG_0118.jpg IMG_0119.jpg

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely not dead. How old is your tank? Parameters? Is that black rock reef safe?

Texas Rick

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, if you live close to a saltwater store, i would recommend to see if they are willing to hold your stock. I had to do that when i had a horrible outbreak of aiptasia. i bought several types of aiptasia eating stock but nothing help. i was forced to clean my tank after a year of it running. had to throw everything away and restart, except the fish of course. i was able to leave my stock in the only saltwater store there was here. i was fortunate to get them out before the were forced to close.

good luck with your struggle. i hope it works our for you!

proxy001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank looks very very new as in not cycled. Any ammonia shows you got a problem. It's a bit late to go back ... at this point I would add liquid bacteria stuff aka " instant cycle".

Flux Capacitor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank looks very very new as in not cycled. Any ammonia shows you got a problem. It's a bit late to go back ... at this point I would add liquid bacteria stuff aka " instant cycle".

I agree that the only real option at this point is to try bottled bacteria. Even with adding that I would be prepared for the worst. The tank will need to cycle, and mature before corals will survive. Patience is everything in this hobby, just chalk it up as a lesson learned, and ask any questions you have along the way.

Robert Binz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my tank is fairly new and I have been struggling with ammonia spikes, already killed my smallest fish. Im now worried that these coral are completely dead and they too are increasing the ammonia levels. Can anyone verify? The one i think looks the worst is the Dragon Soul Favia and the other is a Kryptonite Candy Cane. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

IMG_0118.jpg IMG_0119.jpg

corals aren't as annoyed by ammonia

ADD FRITZ TURBO NOW

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.7%
Back