Dead Fish

  • Thread starter Thread starter Freenow54
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
So came home after a week away trusted someone to feed the fish very simple. Obviously cant blame them but a fish disappeared . Bit my tounge
Hmm… what fish was it? My first thought would be a fish jumping out, if your fish feeder never mentioned it!
 
You want want to rely on an auto feeder next time. I go away for 1, 2 and even 3 weeks and rely on auto feeders while away.
Yeah I feel 2 things about this. One I definitely agree with you about auto feeding. That is the only way in my book. The 2 reasons are, 1) I need to know my fish are definitely being fed. and 2) I would never put that responsibility on someone other than myslf. If something goes south, It's on me and my equipment.
 
Hmm… what fish was it?
Tonguefish!

Tongue Staring GIF
 
Hmm… what fish was it? My first thought would be a fish jumping out, if your fish feeder never mentioned it!
It was a linear blenny . There is only two possibilities . My Feeder wife did not put the lid on tight SHHH. Or my bully Tang claimed another victim . It has killed two others
 
Always stinks to loose livestock, sorry for the OP’s situation.
 
Check the floor behind the tank for a body?
Yup. That's where my diamond ended up but did a water change and no sign. I really did not look hard as what does it really matter. The point was the friggin Tang killed two for sure which is why I say No more Tangs.
By the way your idea of lengthening the drain pipe in the sump did away with the salt creep
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new