Dead heads on my duncan

Scottrshoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received a duncan from a friend that has two healthy heads on it, but also has two heads that appear to be just skeleton (the heads are all in a straight line...is there a wall type duncan? I am only familiar with the branching types). I am wondering if the duncan will ever grow back into the skeletal heads, or will they always remain dead, and should I cut that portion?

This image is a little odd looking, as I just fed the duncan...looks like it wants more!

20230319_150435.jpg
off?

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a rather large duncan(somewhere around 100 heads), the heads that dye off, just remain dead, as it grows new heads.

I've never cut mine, just let it be, but with that small of a piece, you may want to cut the dead heads off.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

• I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

• I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Back