Dead tuxedo urchin (with eggs?)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Baitboy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Baitboy

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 14, 2024
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Location
Pekin
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought this tuxedo urchin about 3 weeks ago and it seemed very healthy until yesterday. Today I had noticed that it was still in the same spot so I decided to take a closer look, only to find out that it's hollow now. So now I want to know what might have eaten it and also if whatever is inside might be eggs or just guts. Thanks

20240627_185736.jpg 20240627_185724.jpg 20240627_185714.jpg 20240627_185707.jpg
 
They are usually very hardy. Sorry that it happened. I would think that it died on its own, then was scavenged by crabs
 
Well at least nothing likely killed it then. Thanks
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new