Dealing with center brace

DrBoxedWine

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 31, 2014
Messages
98
Reaction score
2
Location
Denver, CO
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm getting ready to set up my first saltwater aquarium by turning my 125 gallon cichlid tank into a reef tank. I really like the Kessil pendent lights, but i'm wondering how to get 3 of them on my 6' tank considering there is a nice black center brace in the very center of the tank. Does anyone have any experience with this? Can I just do one a little off center and then turn the lone light on the other side up a little bit to compensate for this?
 
I considered this before also and my thoughts were to make a new brace out of thin aluminum rods on each side ( say 6-10 inces apart) of the center brace, and using some aluminum L-brackets attaching them to to front and rear brace at the top of the tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 31 30.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 12.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new