Death by Siphon.. Sad

Cakepie

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 4, 2020
Messages
8
Reaction score
8
Location
hackensack
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sad day, today. I was cleaning my tank and apparently, I cant see because I killed my masked goby. Was wondering why my snails came out from the sand and when I looked around. Crab already chomping away at the goby. I cried. Worst of all had the fish for about 24hrs. Can't find my Rainford goby either. Not sure if I killed and buried it some how or if he's in shock somewhere hiding. I feel pretty bad.

scene1.jpg act1.jpg
 
Was the dead fish swimming before you started? Lots of mortalities with new imports ime.

Sorry. Perhaps the Rainfordii is safe and just hiding out.
 
Was the dead fish swimming before you started? Lots of mortalities with new imports ime.

Sorry. Perhaps the Rainfordii is safe and just hiding out.
I think he was resting on the sand and I must have pushed the siphon down on him is what I'm assuming. But yeah they were all swimming around this rock they like before I started. He wasn't easily scared so he probably didn't realize to hide. I swear I saw the rainford dart away and I said "oh sorry" because I didn't even notice him. They sort of blend into the sand. :( Now I feel like ill have hawk eyes. I feel so careless :(((
 
Sad day, today. I was cleaning my tank and apparently, I cant see because I killed my masked goby. Was wondering why my snails came out from the sand and when I looked around. Crab already chomping away at the goby. I cried. Worst of all had the fish for about 24hrs. Can't find my Rainford goby either. Not sure if I killed and buried it some how or if he's in shock somewhere hiding. I feel pretty bad.

scene1.jpg act1.jpg
I severely injured a carpenter flasher. I was siphoning my tank and it swam too close and was almost bent in half. Hid for 2 days came out but was never right. Died 1 day later. Crap happens. Im sorry for your loss.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new