Death Comes Soon For This Poor Carpet

  • Thread starter Thread starter Liquid360
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Oh my, ok. I just know that his is super awesome looking. But ive never kept them. Im affaird id kill it. But now u showed me this, i think his is an ultra. And he wants 199. Not 99. I was mistaken. I would definitely try the 99 first. Do they have the same needs? Care level?

Yes, all Haddoni share the same requirements. Prestine water, enough sand, good lighting, and clowns help [emoji4] if your tank is at least a year old and stable, get the least expensive one you can find and give it a go. They're such interesting animals. You'll read of them eating their tankmates. Everyone has a story. My own fathers carpet, Gigantia, ate many of his, but it was almost 4ft in diameter. In my 20+ years around them, I've yet to lose a single fish to Haddoni. It can happen, but odds are against a well fed Haddoni eating live fish. $199 for an ultra is the standard price. Offer him $150 and I suspect he'll take it [emoji4]
 
This particular carpet arrived on Friday. It was already WAY too gone for treatment [emoji853] I've kept them for many years and this one was as good as DOA.

Based on your photograph it's definitely not "way too gone", even when they're flat pancakes they can bounce back, not to mention haddonis usually respond exceptionally well in treatment.
 
Based on your photograph it's definitely not "way too gone", even when they're flat pancakes they can bounce back, not to mention haddonis usually respond exceptionally well in treatment.

It had ejected its guts completely and lost ability to stay together and was liquefying. Perhaps the photo didn't express this well enough, but there's zero doubt it was gone. I appreciate your concern.
 
It had ejected its guts completely and lost ability to stay together and was liquefying. Perhaps the photo didn't express this well enough, but there's zero doubt it was gone. I appreciate your concern.

Gotcha. Once they start deteriorating it's definitely an uphill battle, if not a lost cause.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new