DEC

mjlash22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am kind of in the same yet opposite situation. I have a new tank, probably about 2.5 months old. I would have expected a phos reading with everything cycling and setling in, yet I've tested 4 times, and all have come back at 0.

I am, however, dosing 5ml of NoPox a day in my reefer 525, which obviously helps a little, but I was not expecting a 0 reading.

OP
OP
rock_lobster

rock_lobster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am kind of in the same yet opposite situation. I have a new tank, probably about 2.5 months old. I would have expected a phos reading with everything cycling and setling in, yet I've tested 4 times, and all have come back at 0.

I am, however, dosing 5ml of NoPox a day in my reefer 525, which obviously helps a little, but I was not expecting a 0 reading.

Ya seems strange 0 parts per billion? thats really small number

mjlash22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you using the phosphorus or phosphate checker? I am using the phosphate checker, almost wondering if it could be a bad batch of reagant. Mine is not expired, but still could be bad.

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you using the phosphorus or phosphate checker? I am using the phosphate checker, almost wondering if it could be a bad batch of reagant. Mine is not expired, but still could be bad.
The phosphate tester doesn't test low enough....you need to use the phosphorus tester and convert to phosphates.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 20.6%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 169 72.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 5.2%
Back