Deep blue aquariums?

NotFishyFishGuy

There’s a reason I’m broke now...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, thinking of a bigger tank. I might get the deep blue 57g rimless aquarium. What experience did you guys have using their tanks? They good? Also, how tall are the stands? Can’t find the height on the websites...

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Believe deep blue is out of business. They made nice tanks though. Too bad.

OP
OP
NotFishyFishGuy

NotFishyFishGuy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Believe deep blue is out of business. They made nice tanks though. Too bad.

Actually some sites still sell their tanks though. What alternatives would you suggest? Lookin for rimless 45 to 50 gallon tank good quality. Also, I would need a stand so that’s why I was thinking bout deep blue since they also make stands. If only they were still in business...

Act1n1c_L1fe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually some sites still sell their tanks though. What alternatives would you suggest? Lookin for rimless 45 to 50 gallon tank good quality. Also, I would need a stand so that’s why I was thinking bout deep blue since they also make stands. If only they were still in business...
get a jbj45 rl. They make EXCELLENT tanks as well as stands. I currently have had my jbj45 for a year with no problems. its a shame they no longer make the 45's with curved class like mine though :(.
The newer 45's are just as good though. I also recommend innovative marine's 40 and 50 if you want a sump instead of an aio.

I went with Jbj because I love the brand, and needed space in the stand for my apex, dosing supplies, ato container, etc...

Deep blue made good tanks but you wont have much customer support because they went out of business...

Act1n1c_L1fe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Jbj ;)

8F5401AD-AA4E-47B1-9402-9648A52159D3.jpeg

59DBCBA7-E15B-46AA-B5D8-00604E308892.jpeg

07B517AF-346F-4CAE-A166-84172CD24408.jpeg

OP
OP
NotFishyFishGuy

NotFishyFishGuy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
get a jbj45 rl. They make EXCELLENT tanks as well as stands. I currently have had my jbj45 for a year with no problems. its a shame they no longer make the 45's with curved class like mine though :(.
The newer 45's are just as good though. I also recommend innovative marine's 40 and 50 if you want a sump instead of an aio.

I went with Jbj because I love the brand, and needed space in the stand for my apex, dosing supplies, ato container, etc...

Deep blue made good tanks but you wont have much customer support because they went out of business...

I would probably be fine without the customer support if I knew the height of the stands. The innovative marine and jbj aquariums all have overflows on them. I’m going to use this tank for freshwater plants and don’t want the overflow to get clogged since i will be trimming it

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try Aquamaxx from Marine Depot if you are looking for a non overflow tank. They are very nice and a good price for low iron tanks.

OP
OP
NotFishyFishGuy

NotFishyFishGuy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jbj tanks dont have an overflow.... some im's don't either...

The aio s have the little mini overflow that leads to the filtration chambers. Don’t know what it’s called but I cal, it an overlfow

OP
OP
NotFishyFishGuy

NotFishyFishGuy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try Aquamaxx from Marine Depot if you are looking for a non overflow tank. They are very nice and a good price for low iron tanks.

Actually, I originally was going to, but the shipping is an additional $150 on the tank that I want and the other one I want they don’t sell, I’ve already contacted aquamaxx customer service

JChrystie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Deep Blue isn't out of business, the manufacturer(Aquarium Masters) is selling through a different distributor(Phillips dropped the 'Deep Blue' line, now they're sold through Royal Aquatics) under the SeaPora name.

OP
OP
NotFishyFishGuy

NotFishyFishGuy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Deep Blue isn't out of business, the manufacturer(Aquarium Masters) is selling through a different distributor(Phillips dropped the 'Deep Blue' line, now they're sold through Royal Aquatics) under the SeaPora name.

Oh. I mean, seapora tanks are pretty nice and look similar to the deep blue ones

Tegridy Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Been wondering about this for a while now thanks for that info

OP
OP
NotFishyFishGuy

NotFishyFishGuy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I were to get a seapora tank, are their stands good?

JChrystie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should be the same exact thing as the deep blue's that have been out. I don't have any direct experience with them though.

BiGGiePauls33

YT/GreatBeardedReef and IG/GreatBeardedReef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a Link for their website. I'm going to pick up a 57 gallon redge tomorrow with cabinet and custom sump for $100 from a club member. Don't really need it, but sure will jump on a screaming deal when it's presented. Besides, now I can have 4 tanks running, lol.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 122 81.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back