deflation

live laugh reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello guys i just got a rainbow bubble anemone for my 24 gallon tank. my tank has been set up for 3 months. The rainbow anemone looks great and even my clown has hosted it in under 2 days. ive seen that after my lights start to dim the coral starts to deflate and gets small and become very skinny. I went to my lfs and got my parameters checked and every thing is good just some low mag at 1188. I also have a radion xr 15 only at 40 percent intensity . Could that be the reason. Also my flow is great Thanks

randomfishdude

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello guys i just got a rainbow bubble anemone for my 24 gallon tank. my tank has been set up for 3 months. The rainbow anemone looks great and even my clown has hosted it in under 2 days. ive seen that after my lights start to dim the coral starts to deflate and gets small and become very skinny. I went to my lfs and got my parameters checked and every thing is good just some low mag at 1188. I also have a radion xr 15 only at 40 percent intensity . Could that be the reason. Also my flow is great Thanks
So your coral is retracting but the anenome isn't?
That is perfectly normal for things to retract at night.

Wave Whisperer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is your coral deflating or your nem?

If its your nem, it's normal for them to deflate or hide at night when the lights are off. I started off with 1 RBTA and has since split into 2 more. After lights off, mine would usually shrink and retract back into their crevice.

Don't worry about lights. If they are not getting enough, you will know. The tend to move off to a location of their preferred light or flow. Just need to be aware of this.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 45 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 157 57.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.0%
Back