Defusers in the same room as the aquarium?

btackerman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a Pura air defuser and my wife thought that it should go in the office with my 400 gallon system. I am just worried about it polluting the water like how we watch what chemicals we use around our tanks. Any one have guidance in regards to defusers or candles in the same room as your tank?

laezur

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Defuses are water vapour with perfume in them right? If you don’t have a lid (and even if you do) I assume that’s going to fall right into the tank. I wouldn’t do it but I haven’t tried it or seen anyone else do it

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a Pura air defuser and my wife thought that it should go in the office with my 400 gallon system. I am just worried about it polluting the water like how we watch what chemicals we use around our tanks. Any one have guidance in regards to defusers or candles in the same room as your tank?
You mean a diffuser - the type that keeps water really hot and into which you put essential oils causing them to evaporate?

MY experience of them is that you can smell them on your clothes after you leave the room, so no way I'd put one into same room as any fish tank. The tank shouldn't smell (except maybe the skimmer), so I don't see the point

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back