Degassing Aquamaxx TS-3 Denitrator

bms270

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi folks,

I have setup the Aquamaxx TS3 Denitrator and following the instructions, I reached a point where I am getting good amount of gas build up in the chamber. The issue is the recirculation pump sucks in the gas bubbles and chops it down to micro-bubbles and then pushes the tiny bubbles down the main central tube and through the media. The gas then slowly rise up again and the same process repeats. This causes the recirculation pump to constantly make a fissing noise when the gas is chopped and it is almost getting to the constant chopping now. I looked through the manual and seem like there is no instruction on how to degas the unit. I do see a push connect with a cap on the top-center of the unit but opening that causes air to get sucked in as opposed to go out (even if the recirculating pump is turned off). I also tried turning the recirculation pump off for the gas to build up on top but then again the bubbles would stay trapped with no way to get them out. The built up gas has no way to make it to the channel that goes in the center tube so no way to use the center push connect to get any gas out. I also tried to route the bubbles through the intake channel that goes to the intake of the pump to push through exit line while opening the intake valve but it is very difficult to route bubbles to exit that way. I wonder whether the unit is actually designed to be able to be degassed (Which seems to be one of the important aspects of the denitrator) and if so what is the proper steps to do so.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your still dealing with that issue, then contact BRS.

BRS owns Aquamaxx, when they bought out Marine Depot.

OP
OP
B

bms270

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your still dealing with that issue, then contact BRS.

BRS owns Aquamaxx, when they bought out Marine Depot.
I did call them but did not get much help. I noticed the exact same issue stated in the BRS reviews as well. Seems like they just re-purposed their Calcium reactor without thinking about degassing function which is the most important aspect of the de-nitrator. What is sad is that once you use a product you cannot return it. Even if it is not doing its job correctly. So $400 is sitting here wasted. What is even more crazy is that none of the people that have reviewed the product in videos ever mention this flaw. Seems like these days people just look to get paid for reviews and promote any product regardless of flaws or drawbacks.

OP
OP
B

bms270

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my opinion, the top should have been built in a dome shape with a degassing valve on top. This would allow the gas to accumulate in the top center for easy relief. The recirculating pump also should have been placed on the bottom to avoid sucking air bubbles from the top. This would also allow the pump to operate quieter.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did call them but did not get much help. I noticed the exact same issue stated in the BRS reviews as well. Seems like they just re-purposed their Calcium reactor without thinking about degassing function which is the most important aspect of the de-nitrator. What is sad is that once you use a product you cannot return it. Even if it is not doing its job correctly. So $400 is sitting here wasted. What is even more crazy is that none of the people that have reviewed the product in videos ever mention this flaw. Seems like these days people just look to get paid for reviews and promote any product regardless of flaws or drawbacks.

Bummer,
From my point of view steer clear from buying a Pax Bellum algae reactor.

Question:
Are you pushing your water through your reactor, or are you pulling the water out of your reactor?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 78 55.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.1%
Back