Degassing chamber with auto shutoff system

yman182

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

I am in a little bit of a pickle. It seems like my well water may have high CO2 levels that are killing my DI efficiency. I am going to have a 65 gallon RODI holding tank for my water change station that will be on an auto refill.

Every Degassing chamber I have seen is open which would mean there would never be back pressure to turn off the RODI system and it would just overflow. Has anyone built a degassing chamber that works with an auto shutoff system?

My only thought is that I install a solenoid on the line going from the RO system to the degassing chamber. Then when the tank fills up it would close the solenoid causing the RO to turn off. My only worry with this setup is that I know solenoids have a pretty high failure rate and I have no backup in case it fails.

Thank you!

Pdash

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

I am in a little bit of a pickle. It seems like my well water may have high CO2 levels that are killing my DI efficiency. I am going to have a 65 gallon RODI holding tank for my water change station that will be on an auto refill.

Every Degassing chamber I have seen is open which would mean there would never be back pressure to turn off the RODI system and it would just overflow. Has anyone built a degassing chamber that works with an auto shutoff system?

My only thought is that I install a solenoid on the line going from the RO system to the degassing chamber. Then when the tank fills up it would close the solenoid causing the RO to turn off. My only worry with this setup is that I know solenoids have a pretty high failure rate and I have no backup in case it fails.

Thank you!
Use the solenoid and optical sensor, a float valve as a back up, and one of those emergency auto closing valves that activate when they get wet that brs sells. That setup would have triple redundancy.

Back