Degener8's 70gal flat hex

spsboss

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is a very good up date.

One of the best ways to drop the po4 is to try carbon dosing and also water changes. Try to blast the rocks turn off all the flow and then syphon out all the gunk off the rocks.
Also I have done this with my algie problem, I took a clam shell or a rock and put it over the algie, left it alone for 2 weeks and then the algie died off. Dipped the rock and then back into the tank for another black out of the algie.

OP
OP
Degener8

Degener8

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is a very good up date.

One of the best ways to drop the po4 is to try carbon dosing and also water changes. Try to blast the rocks turn off all the flow and then syphon out all the gunk off the rocks.
Also I have done this with my algie problem, I took a clam shell or a rock and put it over the algie, left it alone for 2 weeks and then the algie died off. Dipped the rock and then back into the tank for another black out of the algie.

I am running a bio pellet reactor and its doing wonders. I don't want to add another carbon source, I do need to get a turkey baster. I used to use a mj900 to blast the rocks with but I have changed some pumps and added in the 30 gallon would be frag tank and am using it in there for added flow atm. I am testing a few rocks with spot treating them with h202 (peroxide) will see if this combined with lowering the po4 will help. I am going to look for a rabbit fish to add to the system. I wanted a different rabbit fish than the standard fox face, but one of those would be cool also, I jsut wanted a different color as I already have a yellow tang and wanted something different/pretty colored to look at.

If I can't find a rabbit I like I will probably look into a powder brown or other tang to add in.

The yellow tang is healed as far as external wounds and is looking good and gainnig weight so I am ready to add a few more fish. :) Only herbavors at this time.

spsboss

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A awsom fish would be a blenny, that are good for eating up the rest of the algie in the tank. The tang I would wait for only cause the yellow might pick on it, if it is the same body shape. I have a 80 gallon and I have the yellow for over 4 years and a tonmie tang ( wrong spelling of the fish). I would def add a wrass or a blenny or two.

Def lowering the po4 and treating is a good idea, i do not know about treating the in tank with the h202 but then I could be wrong lol. Cheep and good flow is the sun pumps they cost about 20 to 50$ for a dual one and last a good time. Pm if you need more help finding one.

You are def off to a good start I cant wait to see what esle happens to the tank :)

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 37 52.9%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 37 52.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 15 21.4%
  • None.

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.6%
Back