OP
L

Lebowski_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flow is a really fine line to walk with shrooms. You want to try and push as far as you can to maximize turnover through the tank but keep flow directly off the cap. They can take a ton of flow around them as long as it's not disrupting them I guess with the exception of a few. I try to use a lot of deflection around my tank to achieve that.
You are correct! It's especially challenging in a Lagoon style I am finding. I think my Shroom Lagoon idea doesn't mesh with some of the higher end coral I want to keep. Beginner's mistake. Going to steer towards coral that can handle higher PAR and higher flow once all the eddies are all inhabited.

OP
OP
L

Lebowski_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A bunch of my coral look a bit like they are bleaching to me. Specifically the Euphyllia and one of the Zoas.

Only a few things have changed:

1. Nitrates are down from around 10 to 1-2ppm.

2. Lighting changed to include much stronger intensity green.

3. Flow pattern changed and some rock moved around.

Water params:
10 Alk
1.5ppm NO3
0.07 PO4
450 Calcium (need to retest this...)

Not sure what's up. Going to dial back the lighting, go back to the normal schedule.

Think I need to add some more bioload to keep nitrates up. Haven't checked pH since my test kit ran out, but maybe keeping the house all shut in because of the wildfire smoke has caused some issues.

Last edited:

iamacat

Higher than my pH
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A bunch of my coral look a bit like they are bleaching to me. Specifically the Euphyllia and one of the Zoas.

Only a few things have changed:

1. Nitrates are down from around 10 to 1-2ppm.

2. Lighting changed to include much stronger intensity green.

3. Flow pattern changed and some rock moved around.

Water params:
10 Alk
1.5ppm NO3
0.07 PO4
450 Calcium (need to retest this...)

Not sure what's up. Going to dial back the lighting, go back to the normal schedule.

Think I need to add some more bioload to keep nitrates up. Haven't checked pH since my test kit ran out, but maybe keeping the house all shut in because of the wildfire smoke has caused some issues.
I need to check my stats as today I noticed my shrooms loosing a ton of color. Everything else is looking great tho so not sure what to make of it. No changes in over a month

OP
OP
L

Lebowski_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few shots from today.

Picked up a pink Goni (first Goni I’ve ever owned), an orange and green Acan, and a piece of Montipora spongodes.

Last edited:

dangles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
cube GIF

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I don’t know if I need a NSFW tag for this…but I think my Trochus snail is having himself a time….

Do…do I need to do a water change?
Looks like sperm and a female release eggs and tank turns cloudy coating eggs with this milky semen substance. Unless there is a female releasing eggs- nothing will happen

OP
OP
L

Lebowski_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got an IM 25 lagoon I'll be setting up. Could you tell me that goes in the chambers on the back? Your tank looks great!

Sure - left side is filter sock, then Bubble Magus MiniQ skimmer, then pump in the middle evap chamber, then the heaters (put them in a slot that doesn’t experience water level changes - just not the evap/pump chamber), then the far right has the media tower with carbon and floss on the top.

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 12.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 90 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%
Back