!!!DELTEC -VS- DELTEC!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

Anyone that remembers the old beasts knows that they were some of the best skimmers ever made. Still are in fact and will easily blow away nearly all the competition in performance. But they were big. And I mean "where do I put this thing?" big. If you didn't have a fish room or basement setup, skimmers like the old 902 were not really an option.

The most amazing and over all impressive thing Deltec did when they redesigned their skimmer line, was to not only increase performance, which is a feat all its own, but they also shrank them considerably. Making them more accessible than ever before.

This was something I was really skeptical about. Coming from the bigger is better camp, I thought to myself as I looked at them side by side, "How could this little thing outperform my beloved 902? You are telling me, that dinky reaction chamber on a dinky skimmer with one pump, that doesn't even recirculate will produce more skimmate than the massive chamber of the 902, filled chalky white with micro bubbles, produced by the two large Ehiem pumps? Really?"

The answer, is a resounding and undeniable yes!

Between more air, smaller bubble size, less turbulence and refined design, this little monster outperformed the 902 in every way. Admittedly I had to see it with my own eyes to believe it.

They really did it! And I love them even more now! Don't let the compact size of these things fool you. What these skimmers can do, is nothing short of amazing. Pun mildly intended.

Check them all out at Battlecorals right here!

Last edited:

pitt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For my tank 100 gallon needs sc 1351 in the past i used apf 600 and upgrade to ap 701 because need big skimmer .

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much are the pumps and how long does it take to get a replacement?
In the description it touts their proprietary pump as an advantage but I usually see this as a disadvantage. It's nice being able to run to your lfs to grab a new magdrive, eheim, etc so there is almost no downtime.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
sc 1455 win over ap 701 deltec no way.

I know how you feel exactly man. I mean look at the size of the 902 compared to the 2560. Rated for more gallons, the 701 is a step up from the 1455, but the comparable 2060 will blow the 701 away. That I'll guarantee.

For 100 gallon system , the 1350 or 1351 is a near perfect fit.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
How much are the pumps and how long does it take to get a replacement?
In the description it touts their proprietary pump as an advantage but I usually see this as a disadvantage. It's nice being able to run to your lfs to grab a new magdrive, eheim, etc so there is almost no downtime.

HI there, hey sorry I missed this one but thanks for posting, and for asking. It's great question and I can't disagree that it's easier to replace a pump if you can scoot to a LFS and grab one, but most skimmers, specifically needle wheels still run a modified version of a stock pump, so there may still be some accessibility issues there regardless.

The trade off however,for easier replaceability, is unmatched efficiency and air production. The Deltec pumps are engineered to be as effective and efficient as possible. You will not get the same kind of performance from a pump that has not been designed for that purpose. While there may still be a few days for shipping to get the new pump, should you ever need one, you will be dealing with me directly and ill do everything in my power to expedite a replacement. Even going as far as shipping out a loaner for the time being in a pinch if it's dire. Pumps are under full warranty for a year, and prices range from 75.00-300 for full pump and impeller assemblies.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any other questions at all.

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While there may still be a few days for shipping to get the new pump, should you ever need one, you will be dealing with me directly and ill do everything in my power to expedite a replacement. Even going as far as shipping out a loaner for the time being in a pinch if it's dire. Pumps are under full warranty for a year, and prices range from 75.00-300 for full pump and impeller assemblies.
That's good for people to know.
Price is one thing, but knowing there would be little down time is key. :cool:

mniemann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Impressive... Any recommendations for a 75g mixed reef with 105g total water volume? I've been looking at vertex but have always heard great things about Deltecs.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Impressive... Any recommendations for a 75g mixed reef with 105g total water volume? I've been looking at vertex but have always heard great things about Deltecs.

Hi there,

Absolutely! the sc1350 or 1351 would be nearly a perfect fit and will outperform the Vertex :) Shoot me a Pm if you'd like to go over any more specifics at all.

Thanks again,

Here's a couple of links.

https://battlecorals.com/products/sc1350

mniemann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What the main difference between the 2? Is it that the 1351 pushes a little more air at just little more watts and is DC? Are the pumps the same? Are they both Deltecs pumps?

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
What the main difference between the 2? Is it that the 1351 pushes a little more air at just little more watts and is DC? Are the pumps the same? Are they both Deltecs pumps?

Hi there,

Thanks a lot for asking. The only real difference between the two is the pump. The 1351 uses a modified Jeboa DC pump, and the 1350 uses a Deltec. Performance is essentially identical. Decision ultimately comes down to weather you prefer an AC or DC pump. Personally I like the AC's, but I may just be old fashioned in my thinking lol.

Please let me know if you have any other questions at all.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1136.jpeg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 71 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 66 32.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%

Back