Dendronephthya feeding

Reef Nutrition

We Feed Your Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The coral food is (crushed "SURE" fish food + phyto feast live)

How long have you had the Dendro?

Nice!
I’ve been feeding my dendro nepthea a combination of Fauna Marin Sprint, with phyto feast and oyster feast.
Cool seeing the feeding response in your video.

How long have you had the Dendro?

These animals are super difficult to keep alive. Please let us know how it goes!

Chad & Team Reef Nutrition

crayon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Chad!
Yeah, I’ve read and seen how hard it is to keep these corals alive. I’ve had mine now for 4 months, which is not long, but I have been really happy with their feeding response.
They are located in a high flow area, and right adjacent to the auto feeder. They get fed 4 times per day and so far they seem to respond really well (2 of them do at least, one has been struggling since day 1)

What are your tips for success?

Reef Nutrition

We Feed Your Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Chad!
Yeah, I’ve read and seen how hard it is to keep these corals alive. I’ve had mine now for 4 months, which is not long, but I have been really happy with their feeding response.
They are located in a high flow area, and right adjacent to the auto feeder. They get fed 4 times per day and so far they seem to respond really well (2 of them do at least, one has been struggling since day 1)

Unfortunately, many of us don't know how to keep these guys long-term. Many people suspect that they need a consistent food source in the form of phytoplankton and other small particles (bacteria possibly?) The products you chose to feed from our line are the ones I would recommend.

Keep us posted from time to time. We would also love to see a feeding demo!

Chad

OP
OP
gorgoniansfever

gorgoniansfever

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DSC_0584.JPG

New update pic
I have kept it for a month

OP
OP
gorgoniansfever

gorgoniansfever

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Chad!

I only feed it once a day

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've tried raising them since 1983 to present. There's more info now. Read a scientific paper on the net recently, said majority of food was 4 or 5 different phytoplankton. I put some Chaetomorpha in small blender, strain, add DT water, dose all day long on a timer. 3 sulfur denitrators to keep nitrates at 5-10ppm. Have variety of Dendronephthya and Scleronephthya. Polyps open all day, close abit, open again. They like nitrates. Took this 3/1/18, today.

Screenshot_2018-03-01-21-08-36-1.png

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looking good! These guys are tough!

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tell me about it.

The lfs where I buy them, all of them shriveled up in there DT. I get them cheaper when sick looking at there store. One after sometime came back to life, new polyps coming out. I'm surprise, I have another one bad condition, hoping it will make it eventually. I have some Scleronephthya, doing really good. 3 sulfur denitrators to keep nitrates low. LOL. And my special luxur, from the tree of algae. Thanks

OP
OP
gorgoniansfever

gorgoniansfever

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tell me about it.

The lfs where I buy them, all of them shriveled up in there DT. I get them cheaper when sick looking at there store. One after sometime came back to life, new polyps coming out. I'm surprise, I have another one bad condition, hoping it will make it eventually. I have some Scleronephthya, doing really good. 3 sulfur denitrators to keep nitrates low. LOL. And my special luxur, from the tree of algae. Thanks
I have kept the dendronephthya for about two months.
I keep it in ULNS system.
I use carbon dosing, Purigen and Rowa .

OP
OP
gorgoniansfever

gorgoniansfever

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's great, I have thread about raising them, with some pictures. Check it out

20180302_085243.jpg
Nice pic.
I also like Scleronephthya.
Its polyps is bigger than Dendronephthya.
It is easier than dendronephthya ,isn't it?

OP
OP
gorgoniansfever

gorgoniansfever

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO according to the feeding response ,I guess Dendronephthya need zooplankton

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 34.9%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 15 23.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back