Dendrophyllia Care (aka Fat Head Dendro / Super Sun Coral)

ReeferAdrian

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,

Am planning to get 2 heads of Dendros to start things off with non photosynthetic corals. Any tips to this? i have read extensively on this, some articles are saying do not feed to much (gut root issue), with once a week should suffice, while others claimed daily. I'm leaning towards weekly feeding. Unlike sun corals, dendro will open up during day as well i heard, any best practices to ensure it does?
High or low flow preferred?

Any input is much appreciated! excited to get these nonetheless.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think feeding at the same time on the day that you feed is the trick for teaching them when to open. I think that they're pretty easy to care for (compared to other NPS). If you're feeding your fish throughout the week, they'll catch a good bit of that as well.

OP
OP
R

ReeferAdrian

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks mdbanister, thats good feedback. Yes, currently am feeding them during daytime, twice a week, a mix of reefroids and pellets. Hopefully they will grow well. I did heard about these guys being easier to care for as well, and there is a import ban on these guys into US?

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 14 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 31 17.6%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 118 67.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.4%
Back