Derasa acclimation question

  • Thread starter Thread starter TCoach
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

TCoach

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 21, 2021
Messages
648
Reaction score
611
Location
SC
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up a nice AC Derasa clam today. The bag water is 1.020 while my tank is 1.026. How slowly/quickly can I salinity acclimate it?

image.jpg
 
Picked up a nice AC Derasa clam today. The bag water is 1.020 while my tank is 1.026. How slowly/quickly can I salinity acclimate it?

image.jpg
I know it’s a late reply however, how long did you end up acclimating for?
 
I know it’s a late reply however, how long did you end up acclimating for?
I found this YouTube video from Pacific East Aquaculture. Unfortunately while getting ready to start the drip, my acclimation box he was in fell below the waterline and added a bunch of water. I added more water 10-15 minutes later. When I tested the water, it was at tank level.

Would have liked to do it slower, but accidents happen. He seems pretty happy today. :)

8B25D044-D386-43C4-832D-4B986965F6DA.jpeg
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new