Describe your "Dream" Tank

buruskeee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a 5x2ft tank. My realistic dream tank would an 8x4 or 10x5 peninsula that I don’t have room for (could make room, but nothing in an ideal area that can be plumbed to another room).

I may think about upgrading to a 6x3 peninsula in the next couple of years depending how my current new tank grows out.

Tangs-A-Lot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I designed in my mind my dream tank. It would be best described as 4 rectangle tanks connected. So, like a donut, but square. The length of each “tank/side” would have to be at least 6 feet, to accommodate the interior view of the tank and for aesthetics would be where you access the multiple sumps under each side.

The fish could then swim around and around. I would want one “side” to be a drop off. So, I would at least want an 8 foot tank for each side, thus the drop off side would be 8 wide X 5’ deep/tall X hmm, 3 foot front to back.

There would be an access door under one side, so the sump there would be smaller.

I would like one side to be mostly sand and gorgonians, sea fans, etc. And, the drop off side would have a 5’ deep rock wall.

Hope that makes sense.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.4%
Back