Desgada's 180g build

Desgada

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, so I am about to begin purchasing equipment for my new 180.

The tank is a customaquariums.com 24x72x24, mainly due to their killer price point and free shipping. It will be a wall inset tank viewable from the front and back of the tank. I will be using a dual H2Overflow, and a dual lock line return. The front and back of the tank will be ultra clarity glass.

For the filtration and control I will be building a sump room from scratch. The room will be large enough to do maintenance easily, but small enough to keep my wife quiet. I plan on using two maxspect gyre 230s with a controller for water movement.

The controller will be an Apex with the ATK addon, and possibly the Dos addon. For lights I will be running primarily T5HO with possible LED for color variation.

I am still designing the sump atm, but I am thinking of drilling a hole in the bottom of my 20 long, making it sit above the sump as a macro grow chamber, and a heater area. Then it would gravity flow Into a auto rollermat filter which would flow into the sump. The sump would be setup with a carbon/gfo reactor, a reef octopus 202-s, and a dosing area. The reason I want two separate areas like this is ease of access and cleaning. I will be making it so that I can bypass one or the other tanks in case of maintenance or emergency. Also the increased water volume.

Like I said this is only something I am just starting to purchase for, but I would love to hear feedback. I will start posting pictures as I begin construction.

Brent Turner

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like something I want to do looking forward to the updated pictures!

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 104 75.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back