Design ideas for a 40B stand.

LeDart

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello all, I have a 40 gallon breeder, and I would like to build a stand for it. However, I have a few questions, first off what is a good budget? I am thinking around $300 is this too low or not? Second, I was thinking of using 3/4" plywood, and 2x4s for the wood, then painting it is there any flaws in my plan? Third, where should I place my supports? I was thinking of having one beam for support across the top, a crossbeam on each of the sides a beam down the middle of front and back of the stand, two doors on the front, and an open back. Please critique my idea.

TL;DR
How should I plan my 40 gallon breeder stand, what type of wood, what size of wood, and how should I go about building it.

TheBear78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi.
If you haven't already, search for "stand DIY" in the forum. There are many threads containing ideas with critique for all manner of tank sizes.
My only personal recommendations would be don't be afraid to over engineer it but also, don't underestimate the importance of having good access for maintenance/component removal.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 78 55.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back