Designer Clownfish Pictorial

Lowstorm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a fan of clowns but this one is welcomed in my tank anytime...wow this is a beautiful fish.....how did you create this one....which fish did you mix?

The lightning maroon was not 'mixed' to create, although the babies are now. It started with a PNG maroon with the lightning markings. Matt Pederson bred it to a white PNG maroon, and the offspring and now other generations of offspring are for sale. Google Lightning Maroon Clownfish, he keeps a super long, detailed blog of how it came about.

Here, I googled it for you. http://www.lightning-maroon-clownfish.com/

flyingfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got my fish! They look healthy, water in the bag was 80.9 but ammonia was 3.0!!! Whoa! I'm guessing this is normal for overnight? There was not a ton of water in the bag. I would worry for fish too that do not ship overnight.
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1462309367.386844.jpg

mosquared

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got my fish! They look healthy, water in the bag was 80.9 but ammonia was 3.0!!! Whoa! I'm guessing this is normal for overnight? There was not a ton of water in the bag. I would worry for fish too that do not ship overnight.
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1462309367.386844.jpg

I wouldn't worry. You usually want less water than air in the bag as there is less oxygen in water than air. As oxygen gets depleted in the bag, this chemically reaction lowers the Ph and in doing so, it significantly lowers the toxicity of ammonia. This is always why its bad to put an airstone in a bag with fish- the added oxygen will raise the PH and the toxicity of ammonia rises.

flyingfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't worry. You usually want less water than air in the bag as there is less oxygen in water than air. As oxygen gets depleted in the bag, this chemically reaction lowers the Ph and in doing so, it significantly lowers the toxicity of ammonia. This is always why its bad to put an airstone in a bag with fish- the added oxygen will raise the PH and the toxicity of ammonia rises.
Thanks for the info! I had not used airstone in bags but I can see someone trying that. Will be sure not to. The clowns are doing great!

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice clowns!

tankaholic

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still wanting to see anyone who owns a long fin... really wanna bite the bullet and get the local pair for sale.
I bought myself a pair of longfins for my xmas present to myself...lol
Told my bf i wanted a pair but his reply to me saying "honey Santa should really get me a pair of these. And bonus they are on sale" wasnt what i wanted to hear. He wasnt a fan of them so therefore santa wasnt packing these babies. So i had to do it. Lol
Now they are starting to grow on him and hes having a change of heart.
My only regret is not buying another pair.
20170128_120845.jpg

tankaholic

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Coral Reef TN (sponsor on the forums) has WYSIWYG listings on eBay. That's who I got my Picassos from.
Thats the place i got my longfins. They were on sale at xmas time. Was a hassle free purchase. Will be ordering from them again in the future

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 72 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 70 50.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 35 25.2%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.5%
Back