Desktop Reefer gets an upgrade (40 gallon breeder budget build)

DesktopReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reserved for latest info and shots of tank.

D101DE8D-97A1-48F5-8E98-7704A2E7FDC5.jpeg

OP
OP
DesktopReefer

DesktopReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Slow but steady progression. I was debating whether to go HOB or sump. I’m trying to keep the cost down so I was going to go HOB and then plumb a new one for a sump later, but I’d rather pay a little more now and save the hassle of moving everything around later.

Got a 20 long at the half off Petco sale so now I’ve got the 40b for the display and a 20l for the sump and just recently got my new BRS RODI unit so I can make my own water finally.

I still have quite a bit to buy and build so it’s going to be a while.

OP
OP
DesktopReefer

DesktopReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice. No MTS suffering here, lol
Great Job Ok GIF
I think I get to have as many tanks as I can safely fit in my 12 x 12 foot second floor office.

Calculate Figure It Out GIF by Originals

Let’s see here, load strength of a beam + square footage of 15 tanks + small space for my work desk - some money… yep I think we can fit about 15 tanks up here.

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just joked with my husband yesterday about bringing in so many cars, we've got a small lot but he does restorations, so right now we've got a few customer trucks plus a few extra trucks for parts. He's like, "sorry I keep brining these in," and I said "if I have to see so many junk cars out every window you don't get to complain about any more tanks that pop up in the house" MUAHAHAHA. more tanks are being planned :cool:

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saw your other post on the fish. you could get a few more in there for more activity since it is FOWLER. Are you planning any inverts (non-coral)?

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 173 67.8%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back