Detached Ironman Mushroom

justintime742

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 28, 2026
Messages
31
Reaction score
34
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy!
I went to LFS yesterday and bought 2 beautiful John Deere mushrooms (not pictured) and a gorgeous iron man mushroom. They all were attached to empty shells. The iron man dislodged himself so I ran to a local fish store and bought a fry box (filters fresh water in constantly) to try and get him to stick to a post. My question is how long does it generally take them to stick to something? My tank is moderate/low flow where he’s going to end up placed, but didn’t want to put him in the main display in case he blows around or gets sucked into the wave maker.


20260725_141727_20D36290-353D-4ED9-8232-7BD3B2B46825.png
 
Usually I’ve seen them take in a matter of hours or a day. When I was propagating mushrooms in the past with rubber bands, I’d wrap them and leave them for a day. Then the next day they would be attached pretty solid.
 
I’ve put rubble in a small container and placed a mushroom and other soft coral in it. Set it in the sand in a low flow area of the tank and usually ina few days it attaches. Then I take it and glue the rubble it’s on to where I want it. Good luck.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new