Devastated

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Sudden Ammonia spike ? Did you by chance add the bag water from store to the tank?
Assuming you did, the tank was shocked by a difference in parameters specifically the salinity and other variances.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a new fish today. Actually, I got three. One went in to the main tank, and two had to go in to QT as their SG was way lower than my main tank. In the course of an hour, the QT tank had a massive ammonia spike. I quickly did a water change and got the levels back to normal. In the end, it killed one of the fish I had just brought home. The fish in the main tank went missing and I eventually found it hiding within - as in deep inside- a rock.

I had a "massive" (two fish - out of two fish) die off a few months ago, where I was very excited to move my fish from their 10g to their new, super fun, made just for them, 25g. They died within 48 hours of the move and I still don't know why.

I have no hope that these fish will survive the night.

I am not new to fish keeping. I have been doing the reef thing for a year but I have more than 15 years of fresh water experience. I know how this *should* work. I just don't know if I can keep salties anymore, as much as I love them.

Top it all off, I found a cat poop nugget in my bed. Ugh.

Vent over (for today).

Thanks for listening.
At least you didn’t find the cat poo in your tank. Not sure if that would be considered auto feeder or not :)

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
good to hear ,any probs come on back,happy reefing :)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 37.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 9 17.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back