DI can be added to only RO system ?

hectoriptera

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 25, 2024
Messages
38
Reaction score
12
Location
Spain
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I’ve read some articles and watched a bunch of videos about RODI systems as I’m planning to get one as soon as possible, but I have 0 knowledge on it and the more I read the more questions I have. For now, I’d like to make you a super basic question which may sound dumb and it’s the one that can be explained in the title itself. Where I live (Canaries) It has been impossible for me to find any RO+DI system like some of the ones suggested on this forums and by some experts on YouTube. I can only get a RO only systems here, though I’ve been told by some people that you can add later the DI part even if the system is not shown as RODI. Is that true ? I’d like to know it before wasting money in a system that will not work for a reef tank as It can not provide DI. Some of you may think about ordering from Amazon but Amazon products are rarely shipped to the canaries unless you contact an intermediary and even that way It can late a month or so. Isolation can be a mess. So I would like to get something easier and faster if possible.

Thanks.
 
Yes. Add a refillable DI resin canister and change the resin when it is exhausted. Simple process to make Ro into RODI.
Thank you very much for replying, in fact that will make it much easier for me.
Best regards
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new