DI canister gap

Charley75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I recently replaced my DI resin and when I screw the canister back onto the housing, there is a little gap. I tried it several times to make sure the threads were lined up correctly and tightened as much as I feel I can without the fear of breaking something. Everything is working…no leaks, 0 TDS, but still bothers me. I honestly don’t even remember how close the fit was b4. Should I be concerned?

363CD2AA-778D-493F-B2D2-9C71050EFE1B.jpeg

CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The uniform pressure against the o ring is what holds the pressure and water from leaking . Check to make sure it’s seated properly as from the pic you sent it looks like it’s thicker in front and gets skinnier toward the side . Personally I would take it apart and take the 0 ring out to make sure it’s not crimped in a bad way and then re- seat it . And if there is still a gap after that but it holds pressure I would keep a eye on it for a few days . You never want to over tighten and risk damage to the seal or crack in the plastic housing near the threads .

OP
OP
C

Charley75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah…I’ve used it several times since replacing it and it works fine, but just bugs me ever time I look at it. I’ll try that after this batch is complete. TY

OP
OP
C

Charley75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I checked the O-Ring and screwed it back on…still has that little gap.

PHXHobbies

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes when removing the previous filter, the filter gasket can get stuck up on the cap when screwed in tightly. Check to make sure this isnt the case
Secondly, there is usually a small gap between the clear housing and white cap so make sure there is no additional gasket stuck in the cap, check to ensure the oring is seated in the clear housing groove, then hand tight and check for leaks. If no leaks, you are good.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 40.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 39 35.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back