Diamond gobie eggs?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ddc0715
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ddc0715

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 8, 2018
Messages
1,187
Reaction score
616
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have 2 diamond gobies. Bought at differnt times. Anyway saw this today. Have they spawned? Not sure why one it dragging this all over the tank.if true wow. Do I just leave them be?
Screenshot_20210724-141703_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20210724-141643_Gallery.jpg


They are just laying on the sand bed
 
So cool! Leave them be. Nature will play out just fine. Everything in the tank will get an ice meal once hatched.
 
My goodness. . . Never seen this in captivity. Unfortunately, there appears to be no male to fertilize making this Caviar for tankmates which is actually healthy food for them.
As @DeniseAndy stated, do not disturb and see how long they last and play out. May be time to add 1-2 more gobies which should get along and see if any have an interest in getting married to her and have children. . LOL
 
As I said I have 2 of them one Isway larger than the other but I do t know if ones a male or not. The smaller o e was the one that was dragging them around. I have a theory but it's just that a theory as to why these were drug out from somewhere.
20210724_150350.jpg
20210724_150525.jpg
20210724_150350.jpg
 
Ours breed regularly.

Diamond Watchman Gobies - A Breeding Adventure

That's consistent with what the eggs look like but the behavior you observed is unusual compared to what we see.

Usually they dig out a cave under the hardscape. Male & female close themselves in for awhile, spawning. Female leaves the cave and seals the male in. Male stays in the cave for a couple days before emerging. I've never seen him relocating the egg mass.
 
Could be a mated pair at this point. Super amazing. Let us know if it happens again.
Yes, I'm quite confident this is a pair. If they are anything like mine, they'll go every 2-4 weeks.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new