Diamond Gobies

GucciYoni

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I have a 55 gallon, with a couple of nice fish namely a yellow tang (hes tiny - tang police), clown pair, 2 damsels, royal gramma and a sand goby (the type which perches on rocks does NOT sift sand).

I'm purchasing a small pair of diamond watchman gobies today, and wanted opinions on whether or not they will get along with the small sand goby. Any ideas?

Cheers.

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You never know with fish. Sometimes they get along just fine, maybe for quite awhile, and then they just snap. It's amazing. I have a Starry Blenny and a Pink Watchman Goby in my 90. When they both went into the 10gal Qt, the Starry terrorized the Goby. Separated them with egg crate for the 6 weeks of Qt. Now they are in the 90 together and not a bit of trouble. :rolleyes:

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A 55g doesn't give a lot of space. Both the diamond gobies and the sand hopper can be territorial toward similarly shaped fish. While there are no guarantees, it is more likely than not that this will not work out longterm.

OP
OP
G

GucciYoni

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay so not only is the diamond goby socializing with the sand goby, at times they seem inseparable!
One issue is, when I acclimated the pair, they each went to different sides of the tank as I released one after the other, so they didn't see each other... When they finally realize that they both live in the same tank, will they link up again ?

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 63 77.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 4.9%
Back