Diamond goby builds burrow and dives in video

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally managed to get a video of Dyson, my diamond goby, build his burrow and dive in for the night. You can skip to the 7:20 mark if you just want to see him dive in. Enjoy!

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally managed to get a video of Dyson, my diamond goby, build his burrow and dive in for the night. You can skip to the 7:20 mark if you just want to see him dive in. Enjoy!

Home is where the heart is! Lol

OP
OP
mta_morrow

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great little fish, thanks for taking the time!
He has been a great addition. I waited 18 months to get him. Wanted a mature sand bed with plenty of microfauna. My sand bed is totally clean and white now. It’s great!

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He has been a great addition. I waited 18 months to get him. Wanted a mature sand bed with plenty of microfauna. My sand bed is totally clean and white now. It’s great!

I want to get a diamond again soon.

Funston07

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I caught mine diving through the sand like this the first time just the other day. Makes ya wonder how he knows where the hole is.

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice Video. Cool Dive. Fun Fish.

Yes they are fantastic to keep Sand White and Amazingly Clean. Takes the chore out of maintaining a clean sand bed (which I hated).
Hope your Goby continues to behave.

Once My Diamond Back Goby got bigger and got accustomed to the Tank, he got into bad habits.
Would fill up his mouth with gobs of sand, and pour it all over my Rocks, and into Cup like Corals (filling them).
I would have to dust things off to keep things tidy...but it would only last for a day.

He would make volcanic mountains all over the tank.
Carved out tunnels under rocks which they shifted (so make sure your rockwork in on solid ground, not up on sand)

I wish I could have kept him for his Amazing Sand bed cleaning skills.
Unfortunately when things got too bad, I got rid of him and the sand bed too.

Hoping your's does well.

Funston07

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice Video. Cool Dive. Fun Fish.

Yes they are fantastic to keep Sand White and Amazingly Clean. Takes the chore out of maintaining a clean sand bed (which I hated).
Hope your Goby continues to behave.

Once My Diamond Back Goby got bigger and got accustomed to the Tank, he got into bad habits.
Would fill up his mouth with gobs of sand, and pour it all over my Rocks, and into Cup like Corals (filling them).
I would have to dust things off to keep things tidy...but it would only last for a day.

He would make volcanic mountains all over the tank.
Carved out tunnels under rocks which they shifted (so make sure your rockwork in on solid ground, not up on sand)

I wish I could have kept him for his Amazing Sand bed cleaning skills.
Unfortunately when things got too bad, I got rid of him and the sand bed too.

Hoping your's does well.
Mine did the crazy sand mountain thing too when i first got him, now he isnt too bad. He at least quit piling it dead center of the aquascape. Now he does it in the back which doesnt bother me. I'll level it out every couple of days though so theres not a 6" deep sand bed back there

20200718_164954.jpg

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 37 30.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 27.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 43 35.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.1%
Back