OP
OP
PacoPetty

PacoPetty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea the first few days were rough. Are you running an AIO or a cannister? You could try a internal polisher if there are still a lot of particulates
It’s a bio cube 32, so it runs over filter floss first before it goes through the rest of the filtration. I’m having a lot of luck, rinsing the filter floss a few times a day. I anticipate it being completely clear in the next two or three days.

OP
OP
PacoPetty

PacoPetty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing to add but I'm defiantly here just :face-with-tears-of-joy:

That fish is doing what he does. I defiantly wouldn't have added one to a biocube.
A lot of good that does me now! Where were you when I was at the LFS buying his hard-working butt!

OP
OP
PacoPetty

PacoPetty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He is just getting used to the new territory. Mine is always out and about. He is not intimidated by me whatsoever. He bites me when I put my hand in the tank when it’s feeding time as if to get me to put the food in already. He’s a pig and I’m pretty sure he would eat a chicken nugget if I threw it in.
81A5F8CD-C2D2-4A0E-AB49-689E97FD88E8.jpeg
Mine started eating the very first day as soon as the Mysis shrimp hit the water column he was out eating. #TeamChickenNuggets

pal98111

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got one on Saturday and I have really enjoyed watching him. He still sometimes hides but it doesn't seem to be related to me so much as taking a siesta after all that sifting, spitting, and eating. I did move all of my zoas off the sand bed though the day before I got him.

OP
OP
PacoPetty

PacoPetty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have rinsed out the filter floss a couple of times today but I have only had to use the turkey baster to blow off the rocks once so that is a great sign! I think he finally has the tank like he wants it and is settling in. I will say that my sand has never looked better!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 147 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back