Diamond Goby question

Doglips56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a standard 125g tank (72”). I have a diamond goby and a lawnmower blenny and several peaceful swimming fish.

My blenny is everywhere but my diamond goby has decided to set up camp under a rock on the right 1/3 of the tank. He works on his area constantly and that side of the tank has pristine sand but the other side is not so clean. I know gobies can be territorial but I’d like one for the other 2/3 of my tank. Would adding another diamond be a disaster? Would a serpent star or some other sand cleaner be better? (I already have conch snails). The diamond does such a great job, just wish he’d do the entire tank!
image.jpg

Where the sand is all piled up is his castle! The rest of the sandbed is badly neglected

RBZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never had luck adding a Diamond Goby after the fact.
I only buy pairs and if one is lost I don't replace it or move that guy to another tank.
Been thinking about buying another and sticking them both in a new tank so they both have a fresh start and then move them back to the big tank when settled together.

OP
OP
Doglips56

Doglips56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never had luck adding a Diamond Goby after the fact.
I only buy pairs and if one is lost I don't replace it or move that guy to another tank.
Been thinking about buying another and sticking them both in a new tank so they both have a fresh start and then move them back to the big tank when settled together.
I have a well established 40g breeder with a few fish in it and a sufficiently dirty sandbed. Maybe I’ll buy another and put them in there together. Wonder if the diamond would get into the fish trap if I put it low enough....it loves to eat our fresh frozen food we make. Thanks for the idea.

Sam816

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a well established 40g breeder with a few fish in it and a sufficiently dirty sandbed. Maybe I’ll buy another and put them in there together. Wonder if the diamond would get into the fish trap if I put it low enough....it loves to eat our fresh frozen food we make. Thanks for the idea.
If it likes ur home made food. try spreading the food on the side u want him to work with wavemakers off n return pump at lowest possible speed.
i think it is not venturing out since it is getting its bare necessities met.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.3%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 42 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 161 66.8%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back