Diamond Watchman Gobies just spawned

Nick Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If possible and you really want to try hatching and raising them collect the eggs at 2 days old. In the dark when lights are off when exposed to light they should hatch off. I’m not sure anyone has been successful at rear these guys yet so best of luck.

sabeypets

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is no parental care after they hatch. They should hatch the 4th night, collect the eggs on the 4th evening before the lights go out (will need to be gently tumbled until they hatch) or catch the larvae when they hatch after the lights go out. Try feeding small sized rotifers, Apocyclops panamensis and Parvocalanus crassirostris copepod nauplii; enriched with Tetraselmis, Isochrysis, and Rhodamonas algaes

TerraMagnus

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I remember reading about watchman goby breeding once. The breeder said that they had to feed the fry with s type rotifers I believe. I would try to order some of those from reed mariculture if you can.

Negative from what we're learning with them here. Right size, wrong movement. The fry look at them and ignore. Parvocalanus, sieved to select for sub 50 micron nauplii, seems to be preferred first food.

TheShrimpNibbler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Negative from what we're learning with them here. Right size, wrong movement. The fry look at them and ignore. Parvocalanus, sieved to select for sub 50 micron nauplii, seems to be preferred first food.
That’s some interesting information right there! If you are breeding them I’d love to hear more about it.

Back