Diatoms vs Dinos microscope help please

ReefinRheum

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 23, 2021
Messages
28
Reaction score
16
Location
MA
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi my tank is just over 3 months old. I had an initial mild Dinos outbreak that didn't seem to last long. However recently I have a new outbreak that is more on the rocks (although current sample is from the sand) and on the snail shells.
My nitrate and phosphate are both 0- just started dosing both yesterday
Below is my best attempt at using a microscope.

I thought dinos initially because of the low nutrients and growth on snails but not sure about the image

Any thoughts?
IMG_4749.jpeg
 
Would you be able to add a small video?
 

I apologize for my microscope and recording skills
 
It looks to be mainly diatoms, how does it look in the aquarium?
 
Ok that would be good. Appreciate the help.
IMG_4761.jpeg
IMG_4756.jpeg
These are the worst areas in the tank now.

The snails seem to be very covered in it, and it’s not that easy to scrub off as the initial diatom outbreak was.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new