Diatoms?

insurance_guy

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 8, 2024
Messages
23
Reaction score
6
Location
Appleton
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My setup is about 5 months old.
About 50 days ago, I let my phosphates and nitrates hit zero.
Got Dino’s and had to fight that off.
Increased phosphates to .1 and nitrates to 10 and fought off the Dino’s

Now I have a new problem.
I believe this is diatoms but I’ve had it for 30 days and it has not gone away.

Can someone confirm if this is diatoms?

IMG_4741.jpeg IMG_4893.jpeg IMG_0081.jpeg IMG_0079.png
 
Last edited:
Current levels
77 temp
8 ph
ALK 9
Cal 487
Mag 1330
Phosphate.03
Nitrates 5
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new