Diatoms?

Matt Bravo

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 11, 2022
Messages
774
Reaction score
377
Location
New York
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! I have a new tank, a little less than 2 months old and I’ve noticed this brown stuff growing in the back while pulling out any extra shrimp my fish didn’t eat. Is this a beginning stage of diatoms? What else should I expect if it is thanks for the help

79F7EE1A-57D8-46EE-9D22-0F5A55054A29.jpeg
 
Hello everyone! I have a new tank, a little less than 2 months old and I’ve noticed this brown stuff growing in the back while pulling out any extra shrimp my fish didn’t eat. Is this a beginning stage of diatoms? What else should I expect if it is thanks for the help

79F7EE1A-57D8-46EE-9D22-0F5A55054A29.jpeg
It appears so but need pics under white lighting
Images are extremely blue
 

Attachments

  • BB840909-513C-4F7A-931A-CA613EDF6322.jpeg
    BB840909-513C-4F7A-931A-CA613EDF6322.jpeg
    170.6 KB · Views: 66
Also one more thing if it’s diatoms should I begin looking into possible CUC inverts? Any advice is greatly appreciated
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new