Dictyota or Sea Lettuce?

Northlandboy

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 6, 2022
Messages
13
Reaction score
40
Location
Superior
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got some algae starting on a few rocks. I purchased Sea Lettuce macro algae 8 weeks ago from Algae Barn, so I'm wondering if that stuff has the ability to frag and grow elsewhere on its own readily, or if this newly emerged stuff is perhaps a green shade of Dictyota.

Do I keep it in place , or scrub rocks to remove?

Thanks For any help!​


20220812_112022.jpg
 
Dictyota normally shows branching behaviors. Don't see that yet, but not very tall either.
 
Looks similar to what's presumably Ulva growing in my own tank that only had that and dry rock in.

IMG_20220812_201216.jpg
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 1 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new