Did this blasto get stung?

BristleWormHater

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 4, 2024
Messages
5,149
Reaction score
7,845
Location
Roswell, GA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Noticed poor polyp extension and what looks like mesenterial filament deployed to the site of the damage, this christmas favia in the left is admittedly probably too close.
Thoughts?
20251104_183946.jpg
20251104_183438.jpg
20251104_183429.jpg
20251104_183438.jpg

Sorry for the dark pics my lights are going out soon.
 
Noticed poor polyp extension and what looks like mesenterial filament deployed to the site of the damage, this christmas favia in the left is admittedly probably too close.
Thoughts?
20251104_183946.jpg
20251104_183438.jpg
20251104_183429.jpg
20251104_183438.jpg

Sorry for the dark pics my lights are going out soon.
Could be. Check them out in the dark and see if they are fighting. I’ve seen some long sweepers on some coral at night!
 
Could be. Check them out in the dark and see if they are fighting. I’ve seen some long sweepers on some coral at night!
I went ahead and moved the blasto, even if the favia didnt sting it this time, it would definitely become a problem in the future. Ive never seen long sweepers come from this favia but this variety seems like its definitely capable of them from what I saw online.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new