Did you ever notice algae likes plastic?

  • Thread starter Thread starter kecked
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

kecked

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 9, 2017
Messages
381
Reaction score
217
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed over the years algae in general seems to like to setttle on plastic. It’s on the pumps the overflow box to return pump exit. And yes the glass too but I see it more on the plastic stuff first than the glass. I wonder if it can be a minor carbon source and the algae are eating it.
 
No idea just an observation. Maybe because it’s a flat horizontal surface and water flow is slower near the surface?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new