Differences in Clam Prices ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter 427HISS
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

427HISS

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 3, 2013
Messages
3,156
Reaction score
929
Location
Nebraska
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What makes the Differences in Clam Prices ?

I mean, we just bought a fairly,......rare pink clam, that are generally high priced, just got lucky it was a fellow reefers clam.
But you can do a lot of searching, and one clam is $250 (+) and one that looks very similar is $$50.

What makes the differences is price ?

Here is my wife's "Pinky" for her new 29g. cube.
(my wife says she's tickled pink) (sorry, just had to) :tongue:

Isn't she beautiful !!!
 

Attachments

  • Pinky 1.jpg
    Pinky 1.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 313
Very nice maxima clam. You need to take care of those aiptasia on it's shell ASAP.

I believe clam prices are mostly driven by size, color, and species. But other factors can also play a role e.g., supply (more expensive when not being imported in large numbers).

Tom
 
Nice looking Maxima, I have one just like it and I probably wouldn't sell it for any less than $250. But then again I know how rare a pink Maxima is.... To the best of my recollection I've only ever had this one....
 
The owner will kill the aiptasia before shipping, and once we get it delivered it will go into our quarantine tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new