Different gobies in one tank?

Schraufabagel

aka Schrauf_den
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 25 gallon tank. Can gobies of different families be kept together?

Specifically I’m referring to clown gobies and watchman/spotted orange gobies. One sits in the sand bed and one perched on the rock work

View Badges
Same, I have a rainford and hectori and they pretty much ignore each other. I think a lot of aggression problems are because fish are hungry. Obviously, if something eats something else normally... that’s entirely different, but fish seem to just be jerks. Hungry fish more so.

I have a jerk clownfish that I inherited. He’s a survivor, so I wanted to give him a paradise. If I’m honest. I low key hate him. Huge jerk. I suffer slightly higher nitrates so he doesn’t bully ... well, literally everything else in the tank.

edit: also habitat. I have a harlequin shrimp that will chase literally anything out of his area.

Last edited by a moderator:

LacViet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about a shark nose goby and a clown goby together?
I have blue neon goby, yellow clown goby, tangaroa goby, and tiger goby (Elacatinus macrodon) in 45 gal and they are all fine and ignored each other.
56C0C53D-DCB6-4447-A1CD-7F6DA0F3681E.jpeg

tailoftwogobies

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
we currently have 2 large yellow watchman gobies (paired with 2 pistol shrimp) one tiny yellow watchman goby (who won’t pair with anything even a shrimp) one neon goby who just minds it’s business & one hifin goby who is now paired with two pistol shrimp. rock formations and sand for all & you should be fine, everyone has their own ‘area’ in our tank and occasionally there are ‘hiccups’ but for the most part, as long as everyone minds their business there are no issues for us at all.. except for the fact that our BIG yellow watchman is extremely territorial of its burrow..

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have blue neon goby, yellow clown goby, tangaroa goby, and tiger goby (Elacatinus macrodon) in 45 gal and they are all fine and ignored each other.
56C0C53D-DCB6-4447-A1CD-7F6DA0F3681E.jpeg
OMG! How do you keep your tank so clean and clear?! It looks like some voodoo magic going on in there!! It's beautiful!!

LacViet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing special. Vacuum tank every 2 wks. Have lots of CUC (about 30 hermit crabs, sand sifting snails (3 conches, 5 nassarius snails), 2 tiger pistol shrimp). Use filter socks and replace every few days, chaeto in sump.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back